Old 24-03-2007, 10:00 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Pill bugs

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:02:30 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

If you don't want to kill the snails, you are going to have to hand pick
them. Otherwise, put out some pans of beer.

Beer kills them.

I know...
So what are you going to do?

If you have the patience to hand=pick and relocate them, go for it. ;-)

As for pill bugs, being crustaceans, they breath thru gills and the soil
must be wet.

Yes, I know. This is happening near my pond.

Try some diatomaceous earth in a dry border around the plants. You may
kill a few, but it will most likely repel the smart ones? ;-)

I don't want to kill anything. D.E. does not repell. It kills them.

Some.
Not all.

Good luck!

I start my MG's in pots then transplant them. Being up on potting
shelves, pill bugs can't get to them.

I also start my seeds in pots. But I planted the variegated seedlings
because they were ready to be planted and they've been eaten to the
nub. The 'Heavenly Blue' are okay so far.

Eh. What is the worst; I won't have variegated morning glory's.

Heavenly blues are good enough for LSA... G

http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning...ng_glory.shtml

Seriously, they are a pretty plant.
I'm a bit confused about you losing mg's to pill bugs!
I'm over-run with pill bugs and I've never had an issue with them...

Oh well! shrugs
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.