Old 24-03-2007, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Ants!

On 24/3/07 20:22, in article , "Carol
Hague" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

On 23/3/07 21:34, in article , "MadCow"
wrote:

In message , Baal
writes

Nippon - they take it back to their queen who dies and they move on!

I've tried it but never known it to stop the problem.
Is there something I should know, other than what's on the tube?

Yes. They've built an immunity to it, or so it seems to me. But in fact,
ants are not a problem. They might give the more squeamish a time or two
but they do no harm.

Well mostly, but ants did once build a nest in one of my (indoor) plant
pots, pushing the incumbent several inches upward in the process!

Made them fairly easy to evict though :-)

I think I'd have had to build a glass wall around that and observed it! I
have never heard of them doing that but was it in UK?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk