Old 25-03-2007, 12:21 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] nobody@junk.min.net is offline

Default Sunfish in ponds?

In , on 03/24/07
at 09:50 AM, "Reel McKoi" said:

Does anyone keep fish other than Koi or Goldfish in their pond? Anything
like sunfish or other domestics? If so, what are your general
comments/thoughts/precautions about doing so? Thanks.

I keep some rosy reds but they keep dying out for some reason. I never
see the bodies so assume something is having them for dinner. They're
in the one pond that's not netted.

I also keep a few rosy reds. They're more active than the goldfish. My
pond is very small (130 gallon preformed), so I can't keep many goldfish.
The painted turtle is happy, though.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21