Old 25-03-2007, 06:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
Serene-O-Matic Serene-O-Matic is offline

Default Non Gumbo

wrote:

I know I can google for 10000 recipes but often these are just copied
around indefinitely with no indication their value. I am hoping for
recommendations from those who actually cook and enjoy okra not those
who reproduce recipes :-)

My favorite way is roasted. Toss with a little olive oil and salt,
roast at 400F until it's good and browned. Yumma!

Supplementary question. If you fail to cut them when young, this can
be a matter of one or two days more on the bush, the larger pods get
rather fibrous and full of seeds. Is there any common use for these
(other than compost) that avoids the rough texture?

I only buy them at the store, so I can't help you there.

Serene