Old 25-03-2007, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default First wildflower

FragileWarrior wrote in
:

Ron Hardin wrote in news:46053380.27B4
@mindspring.com:

I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke
up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a
long time.

It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.

We have forsythia here and the lilacs are the first to sprout green
leaves.

In my fire pit, there are pumpkin sprouts from last year's discarded
Jack- O-Lanterns coming up!

Oops, sorry: I'm in west-central Indiana.