Old 25-03-2007, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Carol Hague Carol Hague is offline

Default Ants!

Sacha wrote:

On 24/3/07 20:22, in article , "Carol
Hague" wrote:

Well mostly, but ants did once build a nest in one of my (indoor) plant
pots, pushing the incumbent several inches upward in the process!

Made them fairly easy to evict though :-)

I think I'd have had to build a glass wall around that and observed it! I
have never heard of them doing that but was it in UK?

Yes - Wells in Somerset. Would have been around 1994/5.

We were living in a rented house that was quite cold and damp (it had no
heating system of its own, we had to buy electric radiators), so they
probably thought they were still outdoors :-)

Can't remember what plant was in the pot, but it was probably a cactus
or succulent as I had quite a few of those at the time. Still have a few
but had to get rid of lots of our houseplants a couple of moves ago when
most of our stuff was in storage for months :-(

--
Carol
"Never trust a man wearing leather shorts and a plastic dressing gown"