Old 25-03-2007, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Water cress growing? How?

"Rich" wrote in message
I would like to grow some watercress
Don't have stream have a tiny concrete pond about a meter round but
not flowing

A friend had one which just sulked in her pool. She eventually put it in
one of the higher sections where the water ran from a higher pool into the
bottom one and it took off like Topsy. She had bearly been able to harvest
any when it sat in still water, but once the pump ran water through it on a
regular basis, she was cutting some to include in salads every day. She's
given me some and mine is sulking too and it's on my agenda to put it in a
spot where and old fish tank pump can run water through it.