Old 25-03-2007, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Water cress growing? How?

On Mar 24, 11:11 pm, K wrote:
Rich writes

I would like to grow some watercress
Don't have stream have a tiny concrete pond about a meter round but
not flowing
Is it possible

Easily

and where do you get seeds or plants?

The supermarket, if you're posting from the UK. I'm pretty sure that's
where I got mine from - IIRC I just threw the bunch in. Pond owners
often do this as a way of keeping algal growth down by removing some of
the nitrogen.

If you're planning to eat the watercress, Google on watercress and
"liver fluke" and take appropriate precautions.
--
Kay

I was about to post that Kay and you did it for me! We are careful
where we buy our watercress from, locally, because Edward (mine that
is, not your Edward) remembered from his student days, someone who got
liver fluke through eating w.cress from a stream in Oxfordshire.

Judith