Old 25-03-2007, 07:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default First wildflower

In article . com,
"gldancer" wrote:

On Mar 24, 10:19 am, Ron Hardin wrote:
I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke
up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a long
time.

It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.
--
Ron Hardin

I've been watching the wildflowers too. got pix of dutchman's
britches, spring beauty, bloodroot. lots of violets out there,
yellow, white and violet! Ah, I love spring in the mountains!

dancing in my mind,
gloria in hemlock hollow
(only iguanas know for sure)

Yellow mustard flowers start our seasonal pageant of changing colors.

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)