Old 25-03-2007, 04:00 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Pill bugs

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

I have been gardening for over 30 years. In Texas I've been gardening
for 14 years. My garden is registered both with Texas Department of
Parks and Wildlife as well as the World Wildlife Foundation. There
was nothing in our yard when we moved here. Just two seasons after we
started gardening our garden was on Central Texas Gardener television
show. I do think I know what I'm doing.

Then why are you asking about pillbug control? ;-)

I was also a professional grower up in New York, managed a large
nursery where I was the director of the greenhouse operation. So, I
truly do know how to garden and something is eating my MG seedlings.
I started them many weeks ago. I'm letting them get really beefy
before I put them in the ground so they have a better chance. I also
have a perennial morning glory which strangled my entire yard last
summer. I hope that is gone. I don't see signs of it, yet. But, if
it comes up I will yank it out with verve!

Ooh, you are killing something! (sorry, could not resist)

Passion vines should recover quickly after being completely
defoliated. Caterpillars eating the foliage shouldn't prevent them
from flowering. Fertilization may not be done correctly. Also, I
give added nitrogen to passiflora so they put on a lot of foliage
during the migration and I up the phosphorous when the foliage starts
to grow again. I have P. incense and mine is unstopable. It also
comes up many dozens of feet away from the original plant, so it is
kind of invasive in that regard.

I suspect that the passiflora is not getting enough nitrogen... but I'm
still going to use BT this year. At least it's organic.

I've found a local bat roost and am planning to pick up some of the
composted guano from that site for a lot of this years plants.

Cheers!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.