Old 25-03-2007, 06:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Another kind of pond question

wrote:

Here's how I got my fish. I am lucky enough that the famous NY
State Erie Canal is less than 100 feet from my pond.
I used a minnow net with bread to catch all kinds of assorted
small fish, and then I just threw them into the pond. I fished at the
canal, and over a couple years caught quite a few bass. They also got
thrown into the pond.

Just one thing that I would advise you to do is to check out whether
this is allowed in the area where you live. Over here in the UK it is
illegal to take some creatures out of their natural habitat or any
creatures out of a certain location - You need to make sure that you
have covered all bases....

Gill