Old 25-03-2007, 07:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_2_] ~ jan[_2_] is offline

Default Another kind of pond question

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:00:47 CST, wrote:

If your pond is 1/2 to 3/4 acre, and up to 17' deep, there should
be no problem in having the fish survive the winter.
Here's how I got my fish. I am lucky enough that the famous NY
State Erie Canal is less than 100 feet from my pond.
I used a minnow net with bread to catch all kinds of assorted
small fish, and then I just threw them into the pond. I fished at the
canal, and over a couple years caught quite a few bass. They also got
thrown into the pond. Neighbors gave me goldfish & koi and they got
thrown in as well. I don't feed the fish, I let them fend for
themselves, with nature taking its course. ron

Ron, how often do you see a goldfish or a koi went out by the pond? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State