Old 25-03-2007, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner William Wagner is offline

Default starting seedlings

In article .com,
"Tater" wrote:

I am getting anxious to start seedlings.

most of you mentioned i shouldnt plant until the ground is above 70
deg, how does one test? bury a thermometer?

also, most of you said i should start by planting in my starter tray
4 weeks before planting in the ground. how do i predict that the
ground will be 70 degrees in four weeks?

also, would it hurt for the seedlings to be started early? how early?

I've heard of trying to pre-germinate before planting in starter
trays, can someone recommend a method?

I'd try to find Crockett's Victory Garden. 1977
Library of Congress # 77-72669

There is no ISBN # and is out of print however perhaps extended family
has a copy.

Bill

http://gardening.about.com/od/garden...edStarting.htm

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-8703.html