Old 25-03-2007, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Johnny Borborigmi Johnny Borborigmi is offline

Default starting seedlings

On 2007-03-25 14:33:13 -0400, "Tater" said:

I am getting anxious to start seedlings.

most of you mentioned i shouldnt plant until the ground is above 70
deg, how does one test? bury a thermometer?

Soil thermometer. The type of plant determines soil planting temp.
Tomatos and Peppers like very warm to hot soils for instance. Peas, on
the other hand can be planted as soon as the soil is workable and no
longer frozen.

also, most of you said i should start by planting in my starter tray
4 weeks before planting in the ground. how do i predict that the
ground will be 70 degrees in four weeks?

Read the BACK of the seed packet. All you need to know is there.

also, would it hurt for the seedlings to be started early? how early?

Read the back of the seed packet!