Old 26-03-2007, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin Janet Galpin is offline

Default seed potatoes

The message .com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

On 25 Mar, 10:03, "misterroy" wrote:
Beechgrove Garden, at bbc scotland program found chitting only to give
a slight advantage to earlies, if my memory serves me right.

Whist on the subject, currently chitting pink fur (for the first time)
and while desiree is sprouting beautifully, the pink fur are doing
nothing?!?

Pink Fir Apple are exceptionally late to chit becuase they are such good
keepers. If they keep well, it obviously follows that they chit late. So
I wouldn't give up on them yet.

Is anyone planting early potatoes yet? I'm wondering whether to start as
I'm usually well under way by now, but my feeling is that the soil is
still quite cold (S. Lincs)

Janet G