Old 26-03-2007, 06:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Default To repot or not to repot, that is the question

Jane wrote:
I have a phal. It hasn't bloomed for about five or six months. It
also hasn't grown any new leaves. I was starting to despair when I
noticed it was growing several new roots. The top of the pot looks
like a bowl of spaghetti. I was thinking it may need to be repotted
but now I see a flower spike is just starting.

It's in a 6" pot. I'm guessing I should leave it alone. Is that the
right approach?

Thanks

I'd repot it now, when the new roots are starting. If the spike is just
starting you won't hurt it (unless you break it off), and leaving the
plant in its current pot for the next nine months plus while you have
spike and flowers is probably not going to be a good idea.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1