Old 26-03-2007, 04:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default Fertilizer and Rain

Peter Pan wrote:

I live in NJ and recently purchased some Scotts Fertilizer 30-3-4(Blue bag)
from Lowes, the woman working there said that is what's needed for this time
of year. I came home with the Scotts and some Lime and applied both to my
lawn. Later that day it began to drizzle and continued with the light rain
for the remainder of the day.

you were so well blessed to receive a light slow drizzling
rain on the very day just after making the fertilizer application.
the water begins the process of breaking the fertilizer down and
making it available to the grass as plant food.

Do I need to re-apply the Scotts or will my
lawn be ok?

no, just go out and brag to all your friends of how you received
a light slow drizzling rain on the very day just after making the
fertilizer application. g

My second question is what is the next thing I should do for my
lawn?

what's your over all objective for your lawn and what type of
grass are you growing?