Old 26-03-2007, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default weedkiller concerns

"hazchem" wrote
Yesterday Croydon Council sub-contractors came and sprayed weedkiller
outside my front door, on the paving slabs. This is despite my asking
them not to and having a notice on the outside of my front door DO NOT
SPRAY WEEDKILLER ANYWHERE NEAR THIS GARDEN. I am concerned about run-
off when rain comes. I don't want weedkiller washing into my garden.
There is a visible white residue where they sprayed. I don't want to
put my pots on top of it.

snip

It's probably glyphosate based but if you don't get answers to your
satisfaction, try writing a letter about it to the local newspaper for
inclusion on their letters page. Other residents could have similar
concerns and you may find the Council dept involved will be more
forthcoming if the matter is made public.

Is there actually a need for weed spraying right outside people's doors?
You'd think they would have better things to spend taxes on.

--
Sue