Old 26-03-2007, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Two pampas grass questions

In article ,
tina writes:

| Is it possible to reduce the diameter of a pampas grass plant? Ours is
| about 4ft in diameter and I'd like to reduce it in size. If it is
| posible what do you use...a saw?

In theory. I will now repeat rather a good form of an old quote I
heard last week:

The difference between theory and practice is less in theory
than it is in practice.

| I have just cut it back and wondered whats the best thing to do with
| the blasted razor edged clippings. Can they be put on the compost?

Yes, but you are risking your hands in the future. I recommend putting
them in a large polythene bag, making sure that they are damp, and
forgetting about them. If they rot down, well and good. If not, let
them dry out later in the year and burn the beggars. Of chuck them in
the green bin, if you have such a thing.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.