Old 27-03-2007, 12:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
NEMR MEILLER NEMR MEILLER is offline

Default Non Gumbo

Hi
Gumbo challenged friend. I grow lots of okra. I guess being from Louisiana I
have ate my share of okra. I can many,many jars of this each year. Fry,
bake, or many other ways. Now try this:
Equal parts of Okra and whole tomatoes. First cook some garlic, you decide
how much you like. Then add a bit of onion, saute till tender, now add the
okra, and the tomatoes. Cook slowly for about a hour on low heat. I also put
corn in it sometimes, or bannana peppers. This served over white rice is
wonderful