Old 27-03-2007, 07:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default Fertilizer and Rain

Peter Pan wrote:

I am trying to grow fescue,

good choice for your growing zone.

I had a nice THICK lawn a few years ago. The
Problem as I see it is my neighbor who is LAZY when it comes to yard work
allows his yard to grow anything that will germinate i.e.crab grass,

that's a common problem I run into with customers living in row houses
where their lawns connect to the neighbors lawn with no hedge or barrier
to reduce the amount of wind blown seed from undesirable plant life.
the solution has been to stay vigilant with the timely deployments of pre
and post emergent herbicides while adhering to a stringent application
schedule.

think the spoors were able to blow into my yard and I developed a bad crab
grass problem. I never put a crab grass prevention down so I basically
played catch up all summer and needless to say my yard was no longer the
thick beautiful lawn, I had a yard with crab grass.

crabgrass will attack and kill fescue.

Should I stay with the Scotts products or change to something else?

I use Lesco on my lawn and in my lawn care business.

And
where do I get the Green Light crab grass prevention?
Thanks