Old 27-03-2007, 10:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit
[email protected] kdsexton@no-spamsc.rr.com is offline

Default Avocados

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:50:06 -0500, Pan Ohco wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:24:33 -0400, wrote:

I've been to all our local nurseries- I couldn't even find a cherry
tree. All they had was peach (which I bought), plum, apple, fig, and
I saw one lemon. I should have bought that, come to think of it- the
flowers smell so good. I went online to look for cherry trees- found
one, but I didn't check for avocados.

If your finding lemons and figs, you may be too warm for cherries.
Check to see what your local chilling hours are, at the state ag
department. The lowest chilling hours for cherries is about 700 to 800
hours.
http://www.davewilson.com/br40/br40_...0Cherries.html

Ok- thank you.

KS