Old 27-03-2007, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Danae racemosa [was Two pampas grass questions]

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

I have the delight of needing to reduce a 25 year old clump of Danae
racemosa (c. 3' across at the base). While that will be less of a
bloodbath, it isn't going to be any easier. The problem is that I
don't just want to get rid of it, as I want to replant some and give
some away.

Any ideas welcome :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

That's the plant that does a good impression of a cross between a posh
Laurel and an Aucuba?
AFAIK it spreads by runners (rhizomes?) so it should be easy to grab a few
healthy bits. I might be wrong but I think the plant is fairly shallow
rooted.