Old 27-03-2007, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Howard Haigh Howard Haigh is offline

Default What Grew In Victorian Public Parks?

Hi All

I'm asking this on behalf of a friend who is engaged in an art project and
she would like to know what plants would have appeared in Victorian public
parks - well actually in one particular public park (Peel Park in Salford,
opened in 1846). From what I can see the Victorians were keen on colourful
borders but some of you out there might know a lot more and could name a few
plants.

I'll forward replies on to her (she uses e-mail but doesn't know anything
about newsgroups and URG).

TIA

Howard