Old 27-03-2007, 10:11 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default snow is gone in Austin

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:23:42 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

In article ,
"Justin Wilson" wrote:

Used to be the deserts of Arabia and the Horn of Africa were the world's
breadbasket. What did we do 15,000 years ago to mess that one up?

Too many goat herds?

I've herd that anyway. ;-)

Right now, Mexico is a good candidate for being the world's bread
basket, providing they practice good soil management and crop rotation.

Let's hope they do!

They won't. Mexicans are all working their way up into the United
States, dying in the desert before they can get here and we do nothing
to assist them. They are treated like criminals and deported back.
They also build 80% of all houses, lay rugs, do tile, build fences,
shovel shit and every other thing.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more. (To coin a
phrase.)

Calm down... Not all of us dislike mexican labor.
For many of us, it's all we can afford and they do a helluva good job
for the most part.

My only gripe is is that I have to learn more Spanish if I hire even the
ones with green cards. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.