Old 27-03-2007, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam[_2_] sam[_2_] is offline

Default Keeping hydrangea blue

Snowflake wrote:
I have been given a present of a blue hydrangea because I do not like
pink and the donor says there is a way to keep it blue but cannot
remember how. Any help is appreciated and the plant is to survive in
North of Scotland.
Ailsa

I shouldn't use a dye if I were you,Snowflake.It does give a blue colour
but it looks artificial.
Instead use an ericaceous feed. They are inexpensive and on sale at
garden centres and large stores.
Just follow the simple instructions and you're home and dry.

Sam