Old 27-03-2007, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default What Grew In Victorian Public Parks?

On 27/3/07 23:24, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

I'd suggest she contacts Kew, as well as this group.

I suggest Waddesdon Manor which was and still is well known for giant
bedding schemes etc.

Some very good ideas here, I'd say. This could turn into rather a fine
'local interest' project, involving families whose ancestors lived there at
the time, locaL archives, newspaper photos etc. I hope we'll learn of the
outcome on here because it seems to be a fascinating subject.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk