Old 27-03-2007, 09:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Marco Schwarz Marco Schwarz is offline

Default Sunfish in ponds?

Hi..

Well "biotope" does mean as much as "habitat"..

Biotope
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks this is a very useful explanation!

Unfortunately my English skills are very limited.

But there might possibly be subtle differences between your
and our understanding of "habitat" and biotop(e)..

The German understanding of habitat is mostly
auto_ecologically motivated (due to Carl von Linné's
understanding of habitat)..

In our understanding of habitat a habitat were able to be
composed of (or by?) several biotopes while a biotope might
provide several different habitats..! LOL

--
cu
Marco, voting for [biotope == habitat]