Old 27-03-2003, 06:44 PM
hayley

Default holly berries

Is it possible for a male holly to have any berries? I've got several
hollies, some of which I bought from reputable sources as male (named
varieties - and I know that you cannot tell the sex by the name, these were
ones which said "a male holly ..." on the label). The first year I planted
them all in the garden I had lots of berries on the females, none on the
"males". Last year far fewer on the females, a few odd berries on a couple
of the "males". This year just a fine sprinkling of berries on all of them
(both sexes) bar one (male). Can they change sex?
Hayley