Old 28-03-2007, 05:31 AM posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.gardens,rec.crafts.brewing
Jack Schmidling[_1_] Jack Schmidling[_1_] is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Maple Syrup II

Last week we showed how we collect the sap and this week we are boiling
it down to syrup.

The kettle on the right is the pre-heater and collector. The bags of sap
are poured into this kettle as they are collected. It is held in the
kettle to not only begin heating but to allow it to flow into the
boiling kettle on the left at a controlled rate.

If this looks familiar to brewers that's because it is our brewery
serving another purpose.

js