Old 28-03-2007, 07:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_2_] ~ jan[_2_] is offline

Default sitting out by the pond

This weekend, I started up the big pump and opened the 2nd chamber on the
filter. The water fall is going, but both the stream and upper pond are
still screened to catch the stuff falling from the big maple (that is soon
to be removed, but not soon enough). The lower pond, w/skimmer, the screen
is off. Fish look good, water looks good, though I should do some water
checks this weekend. Motion sprinkler & baby monitor turned on. Water temp
was 52F has fallen to 49.8, so not bad after one 32F night. Hopefully temps
will stay up, suppose to be more seasonable the rest of the week. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State