Old 28-03-2007, 01:33 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default snow is gone in Austin

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 05:47:12 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

The man I had build my retaining wall and privacy fence thought I was
over-paying him and almost wanted to refuse the money... I paid him what
I could afford which was about 1/5th of what a local masonry contractor
wanted.

This was the first time I'd used Mexican labor.
It was almost scary...

Indeed. They are very hard working men and women. There is a
documentary about how Mexican's are moving up to Long Island and how
the locals are all freaking out about it. It got pretty brutal.
Netflix has the documentary:

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Farming...=453647114_0_0

I'm so sad for what our country used to stand for. It no longer
exists.