Old 28-03-2007, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Another lovely day!

On 28/3/07 09:27, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Any minute now, someone is going to complain about drought and the heat.
;-) This is the third day in a row that we've had lovely sunshine.

snip
A nice day here too, although the forecast is for things getting damp from
tomorrow. And Maggie is now outraged because the pigeons have cracked how to
get at the food on the bird table. Pointing out to her that pigeons are also
birds cuts no ice, I'm going to have to modify the table.

Steve

I have a bird feeder hanging from my upstairs study window. I've had
dunnocks, hedge sparrows, green finches, blue tits and great tits coming to
it. They're so amusing to watch and the great tits are fussy eaters,
digging away at the seeds, spitting out the ones they don't like and then
happily pouncing on their favourites. The wood pigeons and collared doves
feed on the seed I throw onto the grass and a pheasant comes into the bottom
of the garden for seed we throw down there. It costs a small fortune in
this place, to keep the fish, birds and dogs fed!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk