Old 28-03-2007, 04:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Wow!

The plants at my pond are lucky if they get transplanted with the
green side up. They no doubt feel positively pampered that I get
water to them. Fertilizer? The plants would be so surprised they
wouldn't know what to do with it. I have only two kinds of plants
though, those that make it and those that don't. I want tough plants.
That doesn't mean they aren't pretty. Last year I had a "showy
rattlebox" growing. I looked it up in my plant book and found that it
grows mostly in "waste" areas (I think that may be a hint) in the
southeast. I didn't have to fertilize it, I didn't have to water it,
I didn't have to do anything to it. It had what I think are pretty
yellow flowers last fall. My kind of plant -- no fuss but nice
flowers.