Old 28-03-2007, 10:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Cym. Sarah Jean

Better than mine will look this year. It has spikes, but is sparse.

Diana

"Niek Hanckmann" wrote in message
Well it had a dry rest more or less. My experience is that they can be
very hard to get growing after a too severe rest, so I keep them going a
little bit. Normally it produces lots of inflorescenses, but then the
buds dry out and fall off before they all open. This year it had only
one spike with one flower open. This is a picture of last years
flowering. Nothing spectacular, but better than one single flower!

Greets, Niek

Diana Kulaga schreef:
Niek, did you give the aggregatum (now Lindleyii, by the way, though I
have
a problem making those changes) a dry rest?

Diana

"Niek Hanckmann" wrote in message
Wendy, I cannot 'beat' you with the Dend. aggregatum. Mine gave only one
flower (yes that is one single FLOWER) this year. I gave him the message
that he will be sold the next auction of our society ;-)

But..., my Cymbidium Sarah Jean is very floriferous! I bought it last
year with two spikes, now it has grown eight. Top that bid!

Greets, Niek

Wendy7 schreef:
Cymbidium Sarah Jean 'Ice Capades' in full swing. One of my SBOE
purchases.
Cheers Wendy