Old 28-03-2007, 10:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
hyperbole hyperbole is offline

Default Duckweed

I just found this group. Does any pond owner have experience with
duckweed? I'm in SE PA with about a 1/3 acre pond on my property.
It's spring-fed with a stand pipe for a drain that goes into the city's
storm drain system. It's been choaked with duckweed now for 3 years.
I've tried fish, including the triploid carp that the PA Dept of
Fisheries recommends (forget it!). I'm moving toward a herbicide. Has
anyone used Sonar Q? I wonder how it can kill all the duckweed since
even a few survivors can re-population in a matter of months. Would I
have to do this every spring? Can anyone help?

Thanks,