Old 29-03-2007, 01:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default My morning glory seedlings

"Piturno" wrote in
:

I started my morning glory and sunflower seeds two weeks ago in 3"
pots, the kind that decompose in the ground. I am a little surprised
to see they are all sprouted and growing so fast. The morning glories
are already 7-8" inches tall and some roots have started to sprout
through the bottom. The problems is I live in NW Ohio and it says the
last frost is May 16th. That is over six weeks away! Won't these
things get out of hand? What should I do?

Put them out and be prepared to mulch them and cover them if the weather
turns? And be prepared to lose them if the weather turns for too long.

I started a sunflower too early, too. It's outside now and I cover it when
conditions get bad but I know I won't be able to keep it warm through a
cold snap.