Old 29-03-2007, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default What Grew In Victorian Public Parks?

On 29/3/07 09:43, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Some very good ideas here, I'd say. This could turn into rather a fine
'local interest' project, involving families whose ancestors lived there at
the time, locaL archives, newspaper photos etc. I hope we'll learn of the
outcome on here because it seems to be a fascinating subject.

Many TV gardeners started by creating the massed bedding schemes that
used to be in most parks. I am fairly sure Alan Titchmarsh said he used
to pot up thousands of small bedding plants as did that 'cockney'
presenter Phil something or other.

Janet

The use that 'preformed' stuff now, don't they? I think Kernock Park Plants
do a lot of that sort of bedding for floral clocks etc.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk