Old 29-03-2007, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Babs Babs is offline

Default Faeces

In message . com, Dave
Hill writes
On 28 Mar, 18:01, Gill Matthews Try the wrote:
In article , ]
says... Can anyone please tell me what creature leaves black faeces
on our lawn?
The stools are about 4cm long x 1cm diameter, sometimes quite dry
sometimes resembling thick tar. We haven't removed the faeces before
mowing the lawn so would the grass cutting be OK on the compost heap?

Probably hedgehog. It sounds just like the dung produced by our
hedge hog, which seems to have just woken up. We put our grass
cuttings on the compost with no ill effect.

Gill M

Had you asked this in the autumn then I would have said Foxes, after
eating blackberries.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Thanks for the replies; there was so much on the lawn this morning that
I will clear it up because I don't want to walk in it. I think Mr
Hedgehog thinks he has found a good route to somewhere and has
recommended it to all his friends!

--
Babs