Old 29-03-2007, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default sweet peas

Alan Jones wrote:
: Advice, please! I am about to buy sweet pea plants. There seem to be
: about five little plants in each pot. Should I plant the whole
: contents of each pot "as is", or separate out the five little plants
: and put them in individually? I have seen advice in Amateur Gardening
: to separate them, but some seed packets advise treating each pot of
: seedlings as a unit. What works best?
:
: Alan Jones

I sow mine, 3 to a 6" pot and plant it as it is but they take just as well
if you divide them carefully and water in well, as a friend did at the
allotments last year