Old 29-03-2007, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default sweet peas

On 29/3/07 17:47, in article ,
"Alan Jones" wrote:

Advice, please! I am about to buy sweet pea plants. There seem to be about
five little plants in each pot. Should I plant the whole contents of each
pot "as is", or separate out the five little plants and put them in
individually? I have seen advice in Amateur Gardening to separate them, but
some seed packets advise treating each pot of seedlings as a unit. What
works best?

We sell ours about 10 plants to a pot (a 'long tom') and suggest planting
them as a unit. Perhaps you could put them in the middle of a wigwam of
canes or, even better, pea sticks and let them find their way up with just
a little help from you. If you try to separate them, you might damage the
roots which will be quite entangled.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk