Old 29-03-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Is it too late to salvage my apples?

"James" wrote in message
oups.com...
My pet bunnies complete chew the bark around several apple trees. If
I make cuttings now and stick them in the ground, is there much chance
they'll root? They just started leafing. Would I be much better off
just buying dwarf varieties at the nursery?

Probably. If you take cuttings, you'll be taking them from above the graft,
which means they won't be on a dwarfing rootstock.

Can you protect the trees with some chicken wire etc, to protect the bark,
or is it all gone?

Steve