Old 29-03-2007, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Systemic pest killers

Yeah, I recall a post 10+ years ago where someone had a Boston fern hanging
in a bay window that used to get mealies like crazy. By happenstance the
owner treated the plant for mealies and simultaneously redecorated, painted
the room, walls trim etc. No more mealies... the idea at the time was that
eggs etc were in the crevices around the bay window.

Arencha glad I mentioned that story? Welcome to yet another version of
hell....

K Barrett

"janet" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mealies aren't just on orchids. I have my plant trays sitting on
plywood boards to protect the furniture underneath. I've seen mealies
clustering in cracks in the boards. My guess is that to really get
rid of them you' might need to look beyond the orchids and their
pots. I don't mean to imply that I successfully eliminated them. I'm
not sure I've even made a dent in them. They do however head in
greater numbers for the plants that are not as healthy.

Janet

It took me 9 days to do the entire g/h & then I have to
start spraying again to complete the Enstar/Mavrik regimen.
I have tried everything in the past, tag plants with date etc, isolate &
clean down to bear bones & still the bugs returen!!!