Old 29-03-2007, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Keeping hydrangea blue

On 29 Mar, 08:39, Sacha wrote:
On 28/3/07 22:05, in article
. com,

" wrote:
On Mar 28, 8:16 pm, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

snip

They were. I have taken cuttings of a white one which have all taken,
do you know if white have any problems keeping true?

Fraid so my whites come pink or blue or sometimes both but never white!
except the year I bought them
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea- Hide quoted text -

Charlie, how can they be kept white?

Judith

I wonder if it's something to do with older varieties for some reason. We
have a hydrangea bed and the white ones in that have been there a long time
and remain white, the blue stay blue etc. except for one I bought a few
years ago called something like Moewe. When I saw the photo of it it was
the most glorious blue but here, it's just a sort of horrible, muddy brick
colour. I must remember to get some of that stuff to treat it with.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I seem to remember being told to plant some old iron, such as rusty
nails etc under a hydranga so it would keep its colour
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries