Old 29-03-2007, 10:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Broken record water lily question

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:10:00 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

I don't know where you live but water lilies can become a serious pest in
soil bottom ponds here in TN. They will take them over covering the water
surface completely.

Will they choke out duckweed? At least lilies bloom, I've never seen
duckweed do that.

Whatever duckweed survived would have to utilize the small spaces between
the lily leaves. I would think any fish in some of the ponds I've seen
would smother.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.