Old 30-03-2007, 02:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Broken record water lily question

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 29, 11:10 am, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... ideally if
you can plant them in yourpondon a shelf so the roots can
extend throughout hepondand become a natural filter for the
sediment. if you must put it in a pot then place it a bit deeper in
thepond. dont know much about canadian springs but do know lilies
are pretty hardy no matter where you put them

==========================
I don't know where you live but water lilies can become a serious pest in
soil bottom ponds here in TN. They will take them over covering the
water
surface completely.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

florida and they grow rapid here too but the technique i use with the
rocks allow theplant to survive the koi assult but beyong the
peremeter the roots are exposed and the koi control the spread.

I understand. But you have a liner pond. If they jumped the pots they'd be
easy to remove as they are in my lined ponds. Some ponds here in TN that
are covered in waterlily leaves are soil bottom ponds where the lilies took
over. I know one has no fish (the woman said).... the other two, I don't
know. My lilies are all in pots either on shelves or on milk crates.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.