Old 30-03-2007, 06:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit
[email protected] kdsexton@no-spamsc.rr.com is offline

Default Avocados

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:49:30 -0500, Pan Ohco wrote:

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 03:50:49 -0400, wrote:

I've also been meaning to ask- my grandfather did a lot of grafting,
and I would watch him. He used to dip the end of the part he was
grafting into some white powdery stuff he got at the nursery. This
was in the early 1960's. He told me what it was, but of course, I
can't remember. He used this white powder to graft roses, also, and
made beautiful varigated carnations with the same method. Anyone have
any idea what the substance was?

Thanks,

Karen

That could have been Rootone, or one of the other brands of root
stimulators.

Is that the same as root growth hormone? It may be it.

Karen