Old 30-03-2007, 04:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Sunfish in ponds?

"Kurt" wrote in message

brevity snip

I've got over 20 medium and large goldfish + at least 30 mosquito fish
in my 800 gal pond. Though I've got lots of plants (dense areas to hide
for all), never have goldfish fry. Haven't ever. Someone's eating the
fry and it can only be gold or mosquitofish.

I would say it's the mosquito fish. Some goldfish fry survive in even my
small 150g ponds. Smaller than that and I seldom see any fry. Ether the
fish get them all, or the filter sucks them in.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.