Old 30-03-2007, 01:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default RPM and its "bias"

The whole idea behind RPM is to have a place to talk about ponds and
stuff without all the noise and bickering that goes on in rec.ponds,
period. It isn't to ban anyone, determine fault, gang up on folks,
favor one side of an argument over another, none of that stuff. As
such, all posts, no matter who wrote them, are welcome. The
moderators read through them, and try their best to separate the wheat
from the chaff. Sometimes we make mistakes, and some of them are
quite impressive. Some days we lurch one way, and seem to be biased
towards some, then we may head off in a seemingly different direction,
perhaps even appearing to be biased against those we may have been
viewed as favoring just a few weeks before. There isn't a roadmap for
all of this. We will screw up, and badly. But we will get some
things right too. The moderators bicker and fight amongst
themselves, that's for sure, but we hammer things out and try to move
on. So squawk a lot, a bunch of us still read here, the input isn't
unnoticed. We'll try to take steps to straighten things out.
Sometimes I need a 2x4 applied to my head repeatedly to get my
attention, but eventually even I come around. Keep making noise. If
there is a legit complaint, eventually we'll make the proper
adjustment.

I am a moderator of rec.ponds.moderated, but in no way speak for all
the moderators of rec.ponds.moderated.
--
Galen Hekhuis
"Mistakes were made"