Old 30-03-2007, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Max/min thermometer.

Jim S wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:36:04 GMT, Geoff wrote:

A touch of cyanide's no problem, imagine marzipan without the taste of
almonds - but do not eat a lot with cheese for the enzymes might release it
all at once!

How else would you eat Christmas cake?

What I forgot to add in my earlier post was that I also got a mercury
min/max thermometer, the problem with that is that it did not always
zero and the zero strip did not always reach the mercury, in addition
the mercury was prone to split. this could be remedied by swinging the
thermometer at arms length in a circle, when centrifugal force would
correct it. A bit of a pain, in more ways than one at my age. ;-)